[Vol.1 Ch.1 Part 2: Moving To A New Dormitory] A Story About High School Girls Who Might Fall In Love Again [LN]

CHAPTER 1 PART 2: 

MOVING TO A NEW DORMITORY



“Uwah.... It’s 10:30 already, rare for you, Hinami-chan to arrive late like this,” (Erisa)


In front of the dormitory front door, Erisa was waiting for me. While I was folding my umbrella, i gave a little nod to her and replied,


“Well, it’s not by much,” the voice I gave to her was surprisingly faint.


“Are you okay?” (Erisa)


“Ah, don’t worry,” “Maybe I’m just a little bit exhausted, ahaha...” (Hinami)


But then, I was really saved by the close proximity of the park to the dorms, otherwise I would really find myself in trouble.


“Thank you for your hard work.” said Erisa while tossing me a plastic bottle.


(gulp....gulp....gulp)


.......Ah! The ice coffee inside it was really good.


“You’ve walked for 30 minutes from the Helios dorms to here, right?  I already saw it coming that you’ll be desperate for a drink, so I bought it for you. I’m soo glad I walked passed Cafe Ore before coming here, you know!” she said while smiling and laughing.


Immediately, a lot of flowers bloomed around her. The honey lemon-colored hair that flows loosely to the waist, the silky-smooth face, and her outstanding clothing style makes Saki looked more like a foreigner rather than a native Japanese because of the such beautiful appearence she has. The laughter that she always gave is never excessive but the flowers around her surely are. There’s just a whole lot of flowers surrounding her right now.

I sometimes thought to myself, is it a miracle or a one-in-a-million coincedence that the representative of the ordinary people like myself could be friends with someone with such a postive-aura-possesing angel, or for a better word, ‘perfect girl’ like her...? The more i think about it, the more I was agreeing with my own statement....


“What’s with the changing look on your face? It’s kinda creeping me out you know,”


“Ah, ahahah, nothing, nothing! Thanks for the drink.......uh, why are you holding a soda?” (Hinami)


“Oh, this? I was planning to giving you this instead but I don’t wanna risk if you end up disliking it so that’s why it’s in my hands now.” (Erisa)


Yep, she truly is an angel.

 

“......Towa-chan isn’t here yet? Is she taking a detour to the convinience store by herself or something?” (Erisa)


“Oh, Erisa-chan, have you read my LINE message from earlier? She was still asleep in her room and will come here a bit later, maybe.” (Hinami)


“......huh?” (Erisa)

 

Towa didn’t came with me, but I already explained the full circumstances leading up to this morning ‘incident’ on LINE to Erisa’s chat, so it should be okay for now. Hearing this exchange of words while we’re still standing at the front of the dorms, Erisa let out a big sigh.

 

“There’s no helping it then,” “I’ll show you the room first.” (Erisa)


“Ah, okay.” (Hinami)

 

I then followed Erisa through the bright entrance. What appeared before me was a spacious hall filled with soft and warm lighting. The floor beneath my feet was also incredibly shiny and comfortable to walk on.

 

“Woah... this dormitory is really amazing! I’m feeling excited already!” (Hinami)

 

“You’re being too much. Isn’t this just the same as Helios?” (Erisa)

 

“Nope, this dorm is totally different. It looks a bit old, though. Really gives the vibe of ‘something scary will come out once night time arrives’” (Hinami)

 

If I had said that out loud, Erisa would have surely tell me to quit it. She maybe excels at everything that she does, but mastering the sixth sense is on the least of priorities for her.

 

“Hinami-chan?” (Erisa)

 

 “Ah, sorry. What floor is my room located?” (Hinami)

 

“It’s on the fourth floor” just when Erisa had started to climb the first few staircases, she immediately came back down to answer my question.

 

Let’s change the topic shall we. I’m not typically a conversation starter, but I’m going to go out of my way to boast a bit about the past.

 

“Umm... Erisa-chan and Towa-chan’s rooms here are both at the fourth floor, right? Back in Helios, me and Towa-chan’s rooms was at the third floor, so we were close to the sky.” (Hinami)

 

“Ah, I remembered.” (Erisa)


“Eh~? What did you remember?” (Hinami)


“Your room was 418 on the back of the third floor corridor, wasn’t it? There’s a staircase at the end of the corridor that takes us to the rooftop. It was such a rare opportunity to be given a room at a place like it that I visited your room regularly and then we ate lunch and dinner together at the rooftop at every given chance, ahaha~” (Erisa)


“Ah~” (Hinami)


I was very much happy that Erisa still remembered it. Nothing really beats the excitement of seeing the beautiful clear sky uninterrupted from the rooftop. I’m picturing that pretty view of the sky with the imagination of my mind right now.


“Here. This is my room with Towa.” (Erisa)


While I was still fiddling with my imagination, I didn’t realize that we are already at the fourth floor with a door numbered “403” fitted with the name tags of Erisa and Towa, standing right in front of me.


“Room 403, huh. It’s closer than the one in Helios.” (Hinami)


“Is that so?” (Erisa)


While I was staring at the door, I murmured to myself, “Ah, I’m jealous.”


“Jealous?” (Erisa)


“That Erisa-chan and Towa-chan are going to share the same room for the next two and a half months.” (Hinami)


Meanwhile, I will spend that time sharing my room with a stranger that I don’t know. When I said that, I saw a sparkle in Erisa’s blue eyes.


“Eh~ There’s really nothing good about it you know, because of, well, it’s Towa-chan that we’re talking about. She’ll just gonna do whatever she likes whilst I’m studying. Moreover, I’ll have to wake her up every morning. Really, I’m just gonna be like a mother having to take care of her high school-freshman daughter!” (Erisa)


I don’t know if Erisa has noticed this, but I’m quietly gesturing my hand as if I’m telling her that ‘I would be more than happy to take over Towa-chan’s care.’ I have been with Towa since forever so I know her the best out of anyone.


“Well, it’s because of this morning’s incident that I ended up sharing the room with her in the first place, so I’m going to give the culprit a proper scolding once she finally came here!-” (Erisa) 


Erisa’s rant about Towa was cut short by a notification tone coming from our phones. We both pulled our phones and opened it to see a LINE group message bubble on our screens. It was from Towa.


Ah, Hinami-chan. I’ll show you around the dorms soon!’ it read.


The simple message and the seemingly ignorant-of-the-situation timing in whch the message was sent made Erisa feels like she was being toyed.


“That girl...! She doesn’t even try to reflect on herself a single bit...!! Hah... I can’t stand it anymore. I’ll go catch her, but... I haven’t taken you to your room, Hinami-chan...” (Erisa)


“Ah, don’t worry about me. I can go there myself. My room is 418, right?” (Hinami)


I already know my dorm room. 418. It is the same as my Helios room number, so it was fairly easy to remember. I could’ve gone straight to the room without Erisa with no problem but Erisa looked like she insists on going together with me, letting out a groan and folded her hands after I said it.


“Ugh... I’d want to go with you, but.... fine, go ahead. Your roommate is Mikoshiba-san by the way.” (Erisa)


“Mikoshiba....-san? Haven’t heard of her before.” (Hinami)


“Actually, there’s something that have been bothering me since the entrance ceremony. I’ve rarely seen Mikoshiba-san talk with anyone,” (Erisa)


“Hmm, is that so? Maybe she’s just the shy type?” (Hinami)


“I don’t know. Even before the entrance ceremony, we already have an established group with the three of us, right? Maybe Mikoshiba-san got left out from the new groups formed at that time.” (Erisa)


While it’s true that I already belonged in a group when the entrance ceremony began, I can still share the sentiments of those who struggled to blend theirselves into the newly formed groups and cliques of high school, even more so if the person was shy to begin with. I’m a normal and awkward person myself so I feel it on a spritual level.


“Or, maybe, Mikoshiba-san is like the past Towa-chan,” (Erisa)


“Past Towa-chan?” (Hinami)


“When I first meet her in kindergarten, she was the lone wolf and difficult-to-handle type of kid” (Erisa)


“Oh, I see,” ‘You seem to care a lot about Mikoshiba-san, Erisa-chan.” (Hinami)


“Well, rather than caring about her, I’m more worried about you, Hinami, if it turns out that Mikoshiba-san really is like past Towa-chan.” (Erisa) 


“Me? Why?” (Hinami) 


“There was one time that I cried because of her during kindergarten.” (Erisa)


“Eh?” (Hinami)


I can’t even start to imagine how Erisa’s crying would look like at all. If that is truly the case, then this Mikoshiba girl is quite the bad news.


“Is she really that bad?” (Hinami) 


“Well~ who knows for certain. But if it’s Hinami that are going to take care of that girl, then I shouldn’t be worrying too much~” (Erisa)


“Wait, wait, what’s with the mysterious sense of security that you have for me!?” (Hinami)


Erisa smiled. If the purity of the smile were to be measured, the smile that she gave would easily measure 120% of absolute pureness. The phone’s notification bell sounded again. It was an another LINE message from Towa. I stared at Erisa quietly.... then, five seconds later.


“Well, I’m off to pick up Towa.” she retained the 120% pure angelic smile when she said that.


Then, after going further down the hallway, I reached Room 418. No matter how you look at it, there are clearly name plaques installed on the door that read,


‘1-A, Kiritani Hinami'

‘1-F, Mikoshiba Yuuki’


Sigh... Mikoshiba-san, is she really the lone wolf and difficult type of girl?


Even so..., maybe, just maybe, it could work like Erisa had told me. I’m pretty good at blending myself with the background so I can make myself get not noticed by her during my time inside the room. Walking back and forth at the entrance, I saw two students passing and glancing at me.  Kinda ironic isn’t it after all that I said about not standing out?


“Yosh!” (Hinami)


As soon as I made up my mind, I knocked on the door. From the other side, I heard a loud crashing noise followed with “Uuu....”. What is going on back there!? Sounds like she’s in trouble! All my decision making from earlier has become useless now. But, the moment that I thought that I heard another loud rushing sound coming from the inside, it had quiet down.


“Come in.” (Yuuki)




--TN (It's a long one)--

Well, well, well, where do I even need to start. First things off, I wasn't kidding when I said that I will not have a definite update schedule. College entrance exam season is FINALLY done and the results are due to be announced this monday, wish me luck. I can't promise that I'll update more regularly after this (If I do, it'll just end up me posting the next part in a year's time) (the gap between this and the first part being posted is 121 DAYS btw). Sadly this is also the case with my manga scanlation project, so really don't expect too much from me. 

Some (or maybe all of you) may have realize that I used A LOT OF REPETITION in this part and quite dependent on some conjunctions/words/sentences (CWS as i would like to refer it to), raw MTL'ed paragraphs often repeatly use popular CWS and with my English skill currently in not the greatest of forms, it's quite hard to think of variations that i can make to these CWS and in the end just improvised on the raw MTL as best as I could. This part alone took me 3 days to finish translating and we've not even reached the 3000-word mark yet (including the first part). Maybe someone that can help me would be nice. If anybody's interested, contact me on NU DMs (SenoZK). This LN is seriously a masterpiece and I'm very confident to assure you that it's only going to get more fluffier and amazing after this.  


Just a little bit of a sneak peek for you guys to prove of what i'm trying to say :)






Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

[LIGHT NOVEL/NEW PROJECT] A Story About High School Girls Who Might Fall In Love Again; Vol.1 Ch. 1 Part 1 - Good Morning, Me. See You Again Tomorrow (First Encounter(?))

[DROPPED] I, No Good Big Sister, Loves My Younger Twin Sister: Chapter 1